Do you ever write about issues that affect you?

@Pigglies (9336)
I rarely write about news items, but I finally felt compelled to write about something. Tonight I wrote an article about the possible ban on incandescent lighting in this state and the bad side of the switch to fluorescent lighting. For me, this is something that would really affect me, as I have scotopic sensitivity syndrome. I thought people should see another side of the issue, not just for information purposes, but also incase the issue came down to a vote (or if people might feel compelled to write their legislators). So have you ever felt compelled to write about issues that affect you?
I don't usually write news because of the small pay. I usually only write news (and submit it for free) when I'm looking to increase my ROI via page views. (I can't wait until the next PV update - I've been doing some massive marketing). Anyhow, back on topic. I have written about things that greatly affect my everyday life. One of the most personal articles I wrote was: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/162422/a_day_in_the_life_a_college_senior.html I also write a lot of things about online marketing which affects the ways in which I conduct my business. Interesting topic you have started.
@Pigglies (9336)
Great article! Sorry it took me so long to read it. Really good personal look into your life, thanks for sharing! By the way, the one I wrote finally got published (for a whooping $5): http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/209916/the_change_to_energy_efficient_fluorescent.html
Jenna, Thanks for the best response. I checked out your article and it was very insightful and interesting. I'll try to keep a look out for your stuff in the future. Thanks for sharing.
@AnythngArt (3304)
I guess it depends on what you mean by "affect you." I think most of my articles do, whether directly or indirectly. Even if it's something like bioterrorism (which I recently wrote about), it is something that as a citizen and taxpayer does affect me. I care a lot about politics and I think when people say "voting doesn't make a difference" or "all politicians are the same," they are missing out on a great opportunity to change their own destiny. When anyone (inluding the government) has only limited resources, it means that something else will be ignored. Do I want my money to go toward improving healthcare or supporting a war overseas? Everyone does have a choice and a voice. Sorry to get off on a tangent. I just see the world as interconnected. The connections may not be obvious or critical at the moment, but when someone drives an SUV in the West, it can have a direct impact on someone living on the Coast of Indonesia who doesn't have a car. That's an extreme example, but when I read articles on AC, I think you never know what may someday have real close and personal meaning later on.
@Pigglies (9336)
That's a good point about a lot of things being interconnected. I guess I meant more personally affecting issues, but you're right, those issues would also affect you.