Can a private citizen hire a repo man?

I know someone who lives in Alaska and has an old car parked at a friends in the lower 48. The friend and he are no longer on good terms so he wants his daughter to drive 12 hours to pick it up and take it back to her home. We are concerned that she may run into trouble getting the car from someone who is angry with her dad. He can't afford to come from Alaska to get it and take it to his daughters, which is even farther from where he is. I wondered if he could hire someone to repossess it. He has all the paperwork to prove it is his. But I'd have no way of knowing how to go about finding someone to do it. Any suggestions?
RE: "I am truly different" Discussion: I didn't answer this one because I don't know the legalities involved. That was nice of lecona (sp?) to run a search for you tho.
Yes. There are lots of nice people on myLots.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I did a quick web search after reading this, and found a bit of information. Apparently, in the US, private parties have the same repossession rights as companies do. Meaning that your friend could indeed hire someone to repo this car. I did a Yellow Page Search for my local area just out of curiousity, and didn't find much. But a quick online search turned up several companies that do nationwide repos, including one called National Recovery Network. However, a search at the Better Business Bureau turned up a bad report on the place, so I wouldn't recommend that particular one. However, I did find a site called Repoman.com which has a whole network of repossession companies. You can search by area, so that helps. I pulled up a couple of random companies there and checked them with the BBB, and got some good results. that would be my suggestion, check any company you find online for such things with the Better Business Bureau, which will give you an idea of how legit they are. Hope that helps a little.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I try. =)
Thank you! That is very helpful indeed. I'll pass that information on.