Addiction - Is it real, or Can you beat it? - Please read and help (laugh maybe)

Trendy , My Webkinz - My first webkinz
After working in the mental health field you would think I would have this figured out but recently one of my daughters came to me with something she had not been telling me. It concerned not only her, but her children and her mother-in-law as well. Now, I'm afraid that it also has me firmly in its grips. Who here has a Webkinz? They are so darned cute and the site is terrific! I have to take time away from here just so I can go and play games so I can build up Kinz Coins to be able to send to my grandchildren so they can buy things for their webkinz. You must visit the site webkinz.com if you want to see something really cute and family friendly. In order to play, you HAVE to first purchase your own Webkinz pet. If you are anything like I am, you will go to ebay and get one there. The site will give you a local list of where you can purchase one, but I spent one day calling places and they were all sold out - the Beanie Baby craze all over again~Donna
@brokentia (10395)
Hey, that looks really cute!!! It looks like a cross between Neopets.com and Sims for kids. LOL I can see how it would be addicting and fun for kids. :) But it is sad that you have to purchase a pet first. One would think that if they allowed people to go online there, they would probably get more hits and one could buy one directly from them. Have you tried Amazon.com? They are linked to Toys R Us too...and they take paypal! :)
@kgwat70 (13395)
Addiction I believe is real but in many cases I feel that a person or people can overcome it. Sometimes people are able to overcome an addiction by themselves and sometimes they need the help of others to get over something. It is very easy to get addicted to something, whether it is good or bad. I am sure there are many sites and games that people get addicted to. I have not heard of this site that you mentioned but will take a look at it.
@APMorison (424)
Now see, there is a reason I avoid cute things like this because I know I have an addictive personality. No, No, No, I Must Resist!!!!