How do you quit smoking??? How did you quit???

I am a smoker of fifteen years and lord knows that I have tried to quit, but each time failing. I want to quit, and for good, not temporarely. However, it is hard to do. I seem to make it about twelve hours and I'm at the store buying more. I have tried the patches and they give me a nicotine over dose. I have tried quit smoking homeopathic medicine, and that didn't work. The doctore reccomends chantix, but it's $120.00 per bottle. How am I going to afford that one? I am not sure. Has anyone tried chantix? Did it work for you? If not, what have you tried that worked for you? I know that it won't be easy, but it has to be done. For me and my children.
@towongfoo27 (2989)
I just stopped. I stopped buying cigerattes and matches or lighters for them. The habit is too expensive and causes too much damage via getting that immediate fix of nicotine. It made my breath reek of an ashtry. How's that for sexy? I could have gotten lung cancer and who's to say I don't have it now? If these aren't enough reasons to stop cold turkey, I don't know what is. I know it is irritating when someone tells you to stop via taking personal responsiblity for buying the cancer sticks, but it is true if you think about it for a moment. Just don't buy them anymore!! Therefore an individual who still smokes cannot depend on medications or other aides to stop smoking if he or she cannot take the responsiblity for doing it in the first place. Good luck!
Wow. This is a first for me! You don't care if you die?
Obviously, you must be either really strong or stupid to keep smoking when you know the realities of the disease. There's a difference between "knowing" and acting, however. Have fun killing yourself.
I apologize for being rude, but it angers me when a person refuses to take personal responsibilty. I use to say the same thing about smoking, we will all die someday from something. What a bunch of you know what! Yet that is a sorry excuse to kill yourself, there's no logic in it. Once again, I apologize. See, I can take some responsiblity, now how about you?
@jjm001 (48)
DRINK MORE MILK !!!!!! Yes...if you drink milk regularly, it will make the ciggerate's taste bad. Thus you can quit easily !!! It's not a joke. I read this somewhere in the newspaper.
Since my hystorectomy in November this year I have been drinking tons of milk. I drink at least 4 glasses a day. It does not seem to detour the smoking at all.
@cowgirl2701 (2081)
I have never heard of Chantix. I have used Welbutrin to quit. It worked for me until I quit taking it. I took it for 4 months and didn't want to smoke at all. After I quit taking it I craved smoking again. I really need to quit smoking again. I am interested to see what has worked for others.
I tried Welbutrin and it caused me anxiety. The doctor said that this could be normal in people that don't have anxiety and took me off of it right away. The doctor said that Chantix is new and that it works better than Welbutrin, or any of the other's, but it is expensive and it is reccomended to take it for at least two months.
I used an inhaler that I got from the doctors, it was hard at first but the pain you go through gets less each day. I haven't smoked for over a year now, sometimes I think I would like a cigerette but I would never ever start again, as it hooks you.
What was the inhaler? Do you happen to remember the name of the inhaler? I would be willing to check into the product and see what the doc has to say about it. Thanks for your response.
if u want u can...its all ur way how u quit it..
@usama46 (862)
• Pakistan
i am not smoking i am not a smoker so i don't know what then we do for the quit.
@sonustar (328)
ya its difficult to quit... you cant quit until if you yourself feel to quit!!.i used writben it worked for me it took nearly 5 months.... so try something first you should be controlled, think like because of you ,your child got it? he want to quit then you have to quit??? so be in control and take something to quit... you will be helped soon..