how many best responses have you made??

@padu19 (1441)
hi.. i often keep seeing my best response. but it always remains the same.. that is one best response. so how many best response have you made?do we need to answer our friend's discussion to gain the best response(by partiality of course)? please share your secrets too :)
@urbangirl (1461)
I just checked and I have made 22 "best responses". They varied from one line answers (in one case I was the ONLY respondent), to more detailed, longer posts. I guess the only advice I would give you is to be honest in what you say, and make sure they refelect what you really feel instead of writing what you think people might "want" to hear. Above all, just participate in any conversation/topic that interests you...and don't worry about whether yours is the best response or not. You get so much value out of the conversations sometimes, that it doesn't really matter.
@padu19 (1441)
wow.. that's great!!! i am waiting to make 2 and you have made 22..[lol] :p
@urbangirl (1461)
You shouldn't stress about it...I see from the number of posts you have made that you are relatively new here. It takes a while for people to get to know you. When I first joined I felt like I was ignored when I posted...but that is because there are so many members here. I think getting to know people and vice versa is the best way to go. "Best responses" comes after that, naturally.
@happylim (660)
I seldom see my best responses but I think I'm having around 15 best responses now. I never thought of having best response when I answered the discussions but I would try my very best to give my response to the discussions. To respond in quality is the work and duty of the responder and to mark best response is the right and decision of the owner of the discussions. I think I've given good response to your discusson. It's your turn now if you willing to mark best response for me or not :)!
@scapula (760)
• Jordan
I've got 7 until now, 5 from my friend list, and two from other mylot people, my first responses was very bad, because I didn't know how to start on mylot ,how it is work, then I found that I can say a lot here, I can speak freely and enjoy my time. Now I want to post more and discuss more to increase my knowledge and my earning of course.
@padu19 (1441)
ya me too.. actually i got a best response but it got deleted.. after that i have got only one.. :(
@chocobaby (679)
i only have 13 best responses. these are the ones i never thought that will get to best response. most of them were not on my friends list before they chose my posts as best. there are no secrets. these responses are all from my interest and i just speak my mind out. no going around in circles, no false claims or flattery just to please others. i just simply respond and say what i mean.
hi! just before responding to your post, i had to visit my BR page to get an accurate number. i was surprised that it's already 47. so, currently at 402 posts of which i started 34 discussions... that's 47 BRs/ 368 Responses... roughly 12-13% of my responses were chosen as the BR. not all of the BRs i received are from the friends in my list. most of them became my friends after responding to a few of their discussions, after seeing common ground. i don't respond to a friend's discussion if it doesn't interest or concern me. i always try to give a quality response everytime, staying focused on the discussion, not on the user that started the discussion. if the discussion is seeking answers to several questions, i try to provide detailed responses to all. it is best to participate in discussions that you are interested in. that way, you can give a relevant, meaningful response that can be useful to the starter of the discussion. you can also articulate your response better when the topic is interesting or solicits genuine interest for you. your related experience enhances the message you want to convey in your response. so keep to discussions that you find common interest with. :) lastly, it's always a good practice to be sincere and respectful, never be rude. we can disagree, but we should explain why so. (i even have a BR for disagreeing to all the responses in a discussion. -lol-) i provide transparent details and even share what i do in mylot to help others earn better for every post. being helpful earns you a hundred fold... that i believe. as i checked your profile, you are just over a month old in mylot... there's still plenty of opportunities to earn a best response. don't worry, one day, you'll be surprised that you have more BRs. goodluck! enjoy mylot. :)
@padu19 (1441)
ya but what is the connection between staying for longer time and getting best responses. then it also means the more friends i make the more best responses will be made by me !![lol] anyway your response was truly informative too..
there are some users who are biased when it comes to giving best responses, they often give it to their friends. for me, i choose the best response regardless of who made it (included or not in my friends' list). i give the BR to the person who deserves it, the most relevant and useful for me. :) not all of the 48 best responses i received came from my friends. so i cannot say that mylot users are all partial to the friends in their list. :) staying longer would probably mean, participating more. the more often you give quality responses to the discussions, the more you get noticed by other users. honestly, i come here 3-4 times a week only, sometimes 5. but i always go back to discussions i responded to so i can check if there were comments left for me. it provides an opportunity to answer added questions. :) if we visit mylot once a week only, we might not leave a lasting impression on mylot users. those who come here regularly interact regularly too with other mylot users. thus your reputation is developed. :)
thanks for the BR! :)
@oarnamav (2708)
I am in mylot since 112 days and as you see my pointa are close to 1870 out of this my responses are some where 1300 approximatly and I have recieved the "best response awards arround 131 in number. So the ratio is close to 10% of the responses I wrote and I think is not that bad. Just put your heart and mind inside the discussions and you get the best response award that's all. You can view my profile for refference please. All the best from oarnamav.
@padu19 (1441)
wow! congrats.. this is the first time am coming across the phrase "best response award"..anyway i will try to follow you..
I have made 5 best responses so far. I don't check my best response page very often (before I always forget). I check around once a week. I do answer to my friends' discussions if they interest me but I don't have a thought of gaining the best response when I reply. And all of my best responses don't come from my friends *laughs*. I think if you reply to the discussions which really interest you and you speak it from your heart, people can see a difference in your reply and you are more likely to gain the best response.
@padu19 (1441)
ya that's true.. it depends on the topic..anyway congrats for making 5 best responses..good luck for making more soon... :)