Jack Kallis..............

Pakistan
August 12, 2007 1:08am CST
Regarded as the current world's best all-rounder, Jack Kallis is out of South Africa's 15 man 20-20 squad for the upcoming 1st 20-20 World Cup, criticized for his slow scoring rate. South Africa will now be without the experienced Jack kallis in the moddle order. What you think is this the right deicision by South African Cricket Board??? Is 20 20 all about sledging???
1 person likes this
2 responses
• India
12 Aug 07
I think it is a fair decision considering the circumstances of the tournament. It is a 20-20 world cup, so you would send hitters like Kemp, etc rather than solid/defensive Kallis. So i think its a fair decision. Moreover as someone pointed out, it is a chance as well to groom youngsters so that they will learn the art of the game by being in high pressure situations..
• Pakistan
14 Aug 07
Jack Kallis ommission from the South African squad for 20 20 WC has prompted him to quit as vice-captain of team and he is questoning his internationat future for the first time coz he is very much disappointed. Do you still think this decision was right and it will not effect Jack Kallis emotionally and mentally??
@ram_cv (16513)
• India
12 Aug 07
I think most of cricket boards are treating the 20-20 world cup as a chance to groom youngsters and are treating it as a ground for experimentation. So in that aspect I am not really surprised at Kallis not going to the 20-20 world cup. Even in the Indian team the trio is not there. I think the only team that is sending a full strength team is Sri Lanka. Cheers! Ram