Are You a Recycling Junkie?

@tjades (3591)
Jamaica
February 7, 2009 10:20am CST
Do you find it hard to throw out old and used items around the the house? Sometimes I do. It may be a cute shoes box, a perfume box, an old sheet, cute buttons, gift wrap paper, ribbons, cute bottles and oh so many other things. Once I recycled an old sheet and used it to make an iron board cover. Used items such as these can be used to make cushion covers, toaster covers and tissue holders. Sometimes I use other items to make wall mounted art or desk top art. One of my sister is especially good at this. The cute bottles can be used as a vase. Sometimes it is just really hard to thow out something which clearly could be used to make something else or be converted for some other use. Do you find that you too store old and used items then use them to make something else? Hey come on share some ideas here . What have you recycled and what did you use it to make?
1 person likes this
3 responses
• United States
17 Feb 09
I never throw anything away unless I am absolutely certain I don't need it! I use old clothes to tear into strips, sew them together, and make braided or crochet rugs. Scraps of fabric can be sewn together to make coin purses and billfolds. Here is something you can do if you need boxes to ship things in, like if you run a home business like I do. Instead of trying to find boxes that are the right size and then wrapping brown paper around them to cover up the uglies, I either turn an old box inside out and tape it back together, or I cut boxes out of great big moving boxes we have laying around and make my own boxes that way.
@katsalot1 (1618)
7 Feb 09
I recycle just about everything. I don't throw things away until I've exhausted every possible way of using them! I make things out of clothes, paper, boxes etc. If I can't think of a way to use it then it ends up being recycled by the council. Glass bottles we take to be recycled.
@myfb2009 (8296)
• Malaysia
7 Feb 09
Wel, l do keep some old cute small bottles also as vase for decoration in my cupboard. As for cute buttons, l keep it as for emergency use. And sometimes, l also used for doing some decorative design on a piece of cloths and stick to the greeting cards and send-out to my friends and family. That's my creative part of using recycled things. Anyone got better idea?