bored, holidays

India
March 14, 2007 8:07pm CST
yesterday, my daughter finished her final exams. Till now she was very excited about holidays. Now she is depressed. She doesn't know what to do at all. She went on talking about getting bored (mind you, she had finished her exam in the evening and immediately she got bored). It is very hard to understand teenagers.
1 person likes this
4 responses
@jhartana (1084)
• Australia
15 Mar 07
Maybe you can tell her to go to one place with her friends, or you can tell her to help you clean the house. Maybe it's also a good idea for you to accompany you shopping. You can buy her clothes or ask her what she wants then you buy to ease up her mind. Hope it works.
@Stringbean (1273)
• United States
15 Mar 07
My daughter got tired of hearing her kids complain about being bored so she made a list of about 100 different things for them to do around the house. She included a few fun things, but mostly it was chores, like wash the car, scrub the bathtubs, etc. She cut the items apart, folded them up, and put them in a jar. Now, whenever she hears the words, "I'm bored," come from the mouth of one of her kids, she makes them draw out a task to keep them from being bored. It doesn't take long for them to decide they aren't bored anymore--at least not bored enough to complain out loud about it.
@ironstruck (2298)
• Canada
15 Mar 07
It might not have to do with holidays at all. It might have more to do with the stress of doing well on exams. I can remember those days well. Give her a few days to ease out of school mode.
@raydene (9871)
• United States
15 Mar 07
Hello Once she finishes school and has a family and job that will pass Don't mean to make light of it LOL R