what is the rice cake that you really love?

Philippines
April 17, 2007 3:12am CST
Philippines has a lot of delicious rice cakes.like puto,suman,bibingka,etc.,especially when it comes to fiesta..rice cake were always included.. i do love biko with lots of toppings..i think its "sinangag na niyog"..i love its taste and its sweetness..yum!yum!how about you folks? what is the rice cakes that you really love to eat..?
7 responses
@bronie123 (4587)
• United States
2 Jul 08
honestly i dont think i have ever ate a rice cake do you know how to prepare any of the cakes??? I do love rice so i bet there are very yummy if you know any recipes please share
1 person likes this
@bronie123 (4587)
• United States
2 Jul 08
no im from the USA so i think rice cakes are different they here we have rice cakes but it like a diet food a stierfoam looking and tasting round thing not good at all!!! What your taling about is really made with rice pieces right??? Whats you favorite kind
• Philippines
2 Jul 08
I see.. are you from the Philippines?.. yes, there are lots of variant of rice cakes.. what kind of rice cakes do you want, so that I could search some recipe's for you.
• Philippines
3 Jul 08
I see. rice cakes here in the Philippines were so good!.. you must try biko, palitaw, and puto!.. these are very delicious. our country is known because of our delicacies. do you have a relatives here in the Philippines?
@pinkista (892)
• Philippines
1 Jul 08
I like puto and pichipichi...but the best rice cake for me is Puto especially if there's a cheese on top of it. And it really looks yummy even you're just staring at eat especially if there's a different color of puto.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
2 Jul 08
and especially if it has a itlog na maalat on top. that is so yummy!
@maryannemax (12156)
• Sweden
17 Apr 07
i love everything which you mentioned. puto, bibingka, and biko. these three are on my top list of rice cakes favorites. however, i am not much of a suman lover. i also love palitaw, and sapin sapin a lot. they really are sweet and tastes delicious. i can eat loads of it!
1 person likes this
• Philippines
17 Apr 07
i love palitaw also..but the last time ive taste it was 4 years ago..and i miss the taste and the difficulties of chewing it..hehe!i love it when it has so many coconut and sugar..
@Mickie30 (2626)
17 Apr 07
I never really eat rice cakes they sound nice though.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
17 Apr 07
you should try some..and im sure..you will love it..
@luannemay (258)
• Philippines
18 Apr 07
I like bibingka top w/ red eggs, also love puto, palitaw and kutsinta
• Philippines
19 Apr 07
hhmm..yummy!
@marababe (2503)
• Philippines
14 Jul 08
I used to love eating sapin sapin when I was a kid, especially Goldilock's but now I prefer suman. Suman latik or the white one that we dip in white sugar. Yummy. I used to eat that every weekends with my dad during breakfast. We both love suman. Sometimes when he comes home from the office, he has a whole bundle for me. But since my dad passed away, I haven't really eaten one. My mom and brother aren't really fans of it so there's no one to buy for me and no one I can eat it with.
• Philippines
14 Jul 08
I don't know if I'll cry with your response. I know that it's too late.. but my condolences. I like suman too, dip in sugar or latik. it's so yummy!
• Philippines
16 Jul 08
Antipolo and Cainta are the best place for rice cakes. they do sell delicious rice cakes, especially suman, and bibingka.
@marababe (2503)
• Philippines
14 Jul 08
Thanks zer0charly! No worries. Anyway, I think I'll get to eat suman latik soon since I've found a seller in Multiply who sells suman latik.
@Muelitz (1592)
• Canada
3 Jul 08
I very much like bibingka. I remember I have to buy from ferinos. My wife only wants to eat bibingka from that store. It is really delicious.
• Philippines
3 Jul 08
I love bibingka with a complete ingredients and toppings on it. like cheese inside, Itlog na maalat on top, just like that. need to try that bibingka on Ferinos.