myLot Earnings Program - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
(last updated September 17, 2015)
myLot pays you for your valuable contributions to our community and for completing Offers by our advertisers. Learn more by carefully reading our FAQ below.
- How do I earn money exactly? - It's simple... Just participate! Any time you start a discussion, respond to a discussion, or comment in a discussion, you are making a contribution that is eligible for earnings.
- How much can I earn with each discussion, response or comment? - This all depends on how interesting and valuable the myLot community considers it. The more that other myLot users interact with what you post, the more money it will make. If no one reads what you wrote, interacts with it, or otherwise considers it interesting, then you likely won't earn anything.
- How can I earn money from an Offer? - Again, it's simple. Just click on an Offer that interests you and follow the instructions displayed next to it.
- Why don't I see any (or very many) Offers, while other myLot users see a lot of them? - Your Offers are dependent upon which country you live in. Advertisers choose which countries they wish to target, so that's why different users will see different Offers.
- Where can I see how much money I have earned? - Your up-to-date earnings total is displayed in your profile box near the top of the left-hand margin.
- How often is this amount updated? - Earnings from Discussions are updated approximately once every hour. Earnings from completed Offers are updated once the transaction has been posted by the advertiser (oftentimes this is immediate). The transaction posting time is displayed next to each offer.
- How much money do I have to earn before you will pay me? - At least $5. Any myLot user with accumulated earnings greater than or equal to $5 by the end of the month are eligible for payout the following month.
- When can I expect to receive payment? - Payments are made to everyone eligible on or before the 15th of every month.
- How will you pay me exactly? - Payments will be sent via Paypal to anyone who is eligible for payout and has entered a valid Paypal email address in their user settings. So make sure to enter your Paypal address!
- I don't have a Paypal account. Can I still get paid? - No, we will only make payments via Paypal. If you reside in a country that does not offer Paypal or is on the US Treasury's Offical of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) list, then you are not eligible for payments. If you don't have a Paypal account and reside in an eligible country, then you should sign up for one. It's free and easy!
- I heard the myLot Earnings Program was discontinued? Is this true? - In 2013 the company that owned myLot underwent some changes and decided to end the program. However, a few of us original creators and developers of myLot are now back in charge and our first order of business was to relaunch a brand new Earnings Program.
- So is this the same as the old earnings program? - It has many similarities, but the algorithm is brand new. Our hope is that we are now better able to identify contributions that are worthy of payout and are better able to filter out the scammers and spammers.
- I was a member a long time ago and made money referring new users. Can I do this under the new program? - Not yet, although this is something we're strongly considering for the future. Right now we're focused on perfecting the new earnings algorithm.
- I see someone I think is cheating the system... What should I do? - "Report" the user by hovering over what they wrote, and a moderator will investigate it. We definitely need your help! The less money we pay out to scammers, the more money we have to pay out to everyone else.