myLot Community Guidelines
When in doubt, follow the Golden Rule!
myLot is a friendly community for sharing, debating, and discussing what's on your mind. Have fun with it! However, here is a list of behavior that is never tolerated.
- Personal attacks, flaming, harassment, or trolling of any kind.
- Any type of racist or discriminatory remarks - If you have to think about whether or not a remark is racist or discriminatory, then it probably is, and should not be used.
- Posting "adult" content, stories or images - If you wouldn't feel comfortable discussing a topic or viewing an image at work or with your family members around, then it's probably not acceptable on myLot either. Similarly, if it's not acceptable during a PG-rated movie, then it's not acceptable here. Let's keep myLot family-friendly!
- Criticizing users for bad or broken English - We have users from all around the world, and they are welcome regardless of their proficiency with the English language. In fact, a lot of users come here to get better with their English skills. Let's help them out!
- Posting in a language other than English - Please don't use words or symbols from other languages unless you are asking how to translate a word or phrase.
- Using all-caps, excessive punctuation, or "text speak"
- Using misspellings to circumvent the profanity filter - This is not the place to show-off any colorful language.
- Advertising of any sort - This includes posting affiliate/referral links, directing people to your profile or web page or encouraging people to message you for information.
- New discussions directed towards only one or a small group of other members - You should use private messaging to chat back and forth with your myLot friends.
- Posting plagiarized or copyrighted content - We take this very seriously. If there is an article you would like others to see and discuss, then post a link to that article along with your own commentary.
- Posting personal milestones such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc. - This is best celebrated via private messaging with your friends.
- Excessive complaining - Remember, we're all here to have fun!
- Discussions, responses or comments that offer little or no value - Answers like "I don't know" or "I don't care" help no one and will be removed.
- Spammy, inappropriate or irrelevant tagging - Tagging your discussions, responses and comments is a great way to get more exposure for what you write! However, any tag you create should be on-topic.
- Posting mindless polls such as "How old are you?" or "Let's see how high we can count, I'll start with one?" - Polls such as "Who are you voting for this election, and why?" are OK and encouraged.
- Posting personal information such as street addresses, phone numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers, etc. of yourself or others. - Also remember that myLot is a public community whose content is regularly indexed by search engines. Anything you post is potentially visible to the entire world.
- Directing other users towards scams - If you're not sure about something, then don't mention it.
- Creating multiple accounts - Doing this to deceive or troll other members, talk to yourself, return to myLot after having been banned for Guideline violations, or attempting to defraud the earnings algorithm will result in immediate account termination and forfeiture of any accumulated earnings.
- Requesting donations, posting charity requests or petitions.
- Posting jokes, recipes, "top lists", chain emails, or discussions consisting of only a quote.
"What should I do if I see a violation of these guidelines?"
Simply hover over the offending content and click on "Report" to bring it to a moderator's attention. A moderator will soon review the content and take appropriate action if necessary. In the meantime, you are always free to "Block" any users who you no longer wish to see while you are logged-in to myLot by navigating to their profile page and clicking the "Block" button towards the top.