tags

Hi everyone. Well I have a simple query and I think those who have spent some time on mylot will be able to answer me. The question is what is the main purpose of tags in a discussion and is it ok to give your response the same tag that are written below it when we read the discussion for the first time or we should go for a tag that is unique? Please do answer.
Tags allow search engines to locate your discussion. If you use the same tags as the original or previous posters I don't think it adds anything. I usually glance at them and if I can think of something else that describes the discussion I'll add it but don't bother duplicating anything already there.
@noriko (1254)
i tag a discussion depends of what i answer on that certain discussion, to help mylot to organize our discussions properly. for exampla i can tag this discussion as tagged discussion, or tag inquiry. so if another mylot member open a discussion about tags and inquired about something his discussion will appear at the down part of this page.
@mskzalameda (4036)
tags are here to maintain an organized discussions. tags purpose is for the users to find a discussion which they think is easy to answer. If you put tags at the end of every discussion you answered, you will also earn money by doing so. Everything you do good here has also an equal share. happy mylot and happy tagging!