What is required to start flipping houses?

United States
April 30, 2007 2:39pm CST
I am very interested in getting into flipping houses but I'm young and don't have much money or credit. How can I start this? Also, is a real estate license required to get into this business? If so, what's the best way to go about getting one?
1 person likes this
1 response
• United States
30 Apr 07
I don't believe a real estate license is required for flipping houses, but you might want to check just in case it is in your area for some reason. A real estate license might be helpful whether required or not, and you can take a course to help you prepare for the licensing exam. There are some real estate agencies that offer a free class if you agree to work for them for a certain amount of time afterward. Years ago I took a class offered by Century 21, so you might want to check with them if there's an office in your area. Also, there are some good shows on this topic such as "Flip this House" and "Property Ladder." You'll get some good tips from these shows and also learn a whole lot of what NOT to do. Good luck!
• United States
7 Apr 08
I am young and do not have enough credit ( more than 1 year) and cant apply for a mortgage yet. I have aspired to flip houses for over 3 years now when i was a senoir in highschool. i took a class on entreprenuership and created a full business plan which included funding from a bank or lender. so my helpful advice to you is to create a business plan to get funding for a project then market the plan to banks or funding services. if you are seriously interested in doing this maybe i could shed some light on the subject for you, be of some help. email me @ jgoody4x@gmail.com