Mothers Day gift for the Step-Mother

@sedel1027 (17855)
Does anyone do this? Normally, we just buy gifts for my mother, my Aunt, and my husbands mother and have never given anything to the step-mom who lives out of state. My husband is completely indifferent to sending anything because until recently she never really showed much interest in him. I feel like we are buying gifts for the other mothers/mother figures, that we should at least send a card to her (and maybe the pregnant sister who lives with them). So I am conflicted, should we send a card or something, or just leave things how they are?
If she lives out of state I would leave it as is. being that she is not active in your life. Is she still married to the father? If so then yes a card is a good thing. I would not want to be left out of the mix while still married to the man.
@sedel1027 (17855)
Yes, they are married have have been for more than 12 years. I really think the only kids that get her anything are the 2 his Dad and step-mom have together and one of the four his dad had with his mom. So she doesn't expect any of the kids from the first marriage to get her anything.
@Sailor (1161)
I would send at least a card to give recognition for any circumstance.