An AIDS patient needs your support too

A lot is been talked about AIDS prevention measures. I recently read this report about AIDS patients infecting others with the disease too by placing syringes in theatres and by making love with the intention of making the partner infected with the virus too. I think they do this because they suffer from inferiority complex and because they are treated very badly by those who know about their condition. Let us not run away from an HIV infected person but help them.
I have never been so confused in my life. I also know they do need support of others. I have a brother with full blown aids. he was so afraid of being tested. Now he has a long list of people to notify. yes we have to support them at this sad time in life. What about the people who did not deserve this. What about my family who is broke and now have to spend money to ease his pain. They need us as we need them. I just don't know how to do this.
Hi giftsandbagscom! I know it's quite difficult for you to face the situation. But these days even a HIV infected person can lead a normal life if he takes some medicines all his life which i beleave is available for free at the Government Hospitals in India. An AIDS patient more than anything requires the companionship from family and friends. Thanks for responding to my discussion.
Your right about this. As I have now noticed the family has to first get over the shock of this news. Then when all is getting to be a normal way of life we can all be as one. Not until then can this happen. My sister is now suffering from stress. My other brother has just shut down on it. My mother is concerned about a thousand things even embarrassment. I have been reading on the support forums. We have to take the time to get over our issues in order to be there for him. This will take time. I thank you very much for the understanding
You are welcome dear. You said it right. Your family need to face the fact that your Brother is an AIDS patient and that he would have a miserable life without your support and companionship.
@howard96h (11665)
• New York, New York
Yes people need to be very careful like you said there are many different way to get the virus. The story about the needles in the movie theaters is not true though... http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/pinprick.asp but your right about some people who are infected who want to spread the disease to others.
Hi howard96h! I firmly beleave that we are partially responsible for the behaviour we receive. When we reat AIDS affected person with hatred it is quite natural that they want to ttake vengeance. They need our support, not our hatred or sympathy. Thanks for responding.