'CHANTIX'... Has anyone heard of or used this??

A friend of my moms gave her the name of this prescription that helps you quit smoking. Please, if anyone has any helpful information, let me in on it. I don't want my mom to waste her money for me if it doesn't work. Again, it's called 'Chantix'.
Jessigirl, I know you posted a year ago, but maybe you'll see this and be interested anyway(or someone else will). My husband started taking Chantix about two months ago. After he took the pills for almost a week, he had no more cravings whatsoever. Not even really stressful situations make him want a puff...That said, I know the pills are enormously expensive, especially in today's economy. The pills are not covered by our insurance, I don't think they are with any plan. It cost $135 for the first month's supply, and again for the second. But, that is only a little more than we were spending on his smokes for the month, so I think it's a pretty good deal..Hope this helps somehow.