How was your Mother's day special?

@wahmoftwo (1298)
I'm pleased to say I really enjoyed Mother's day this year. Last year was not so great. My older child spent the day at her Grandmother's on her Dad's side (he was in Iraq at the time) and didn't even want to come home. There was a birthday party at the neighbors house for her cousin. I was so hurt. I think she realized that though; she really payed extra attention to me this year. Each child made me something very cute from school. Those are always my favorite. Hubby and kids cleaned up for me. Also, hubby brought a rose. I really felt special and appreciated. How was your day moms? Feel free to tell all good or bad.
@healer (1784)
Glad to hear that you had a great mothers day, am still young and unmarried but i always try to make my mother special that day. This year i could not send any gifts as i was really busy with exams between money problem also. When i woke up i called my mom from my phone and wished her "happy mothers day" as we live in different cities, am out from my home for studies. So, apart from wishing her i could not do anything, but i hope my mom too understands that. Anyway when i was young my teachers used to teach us how to make mother's day card..etc so, i find that really cute.