Have you ever known preaches who lie etc?

Have you ever known preachers who lie or use the cloth simply to push their own ideas.. I have come across someone who to me simply uses the cloth the Word and the Gospel to promote himself/herself. This is my opinion though..Do you think it's possible that someone chosen to preach the word could actually preach against it? Can a preacher lie and then use their cloth to make people believe their lie? I hope this is not a sin to ask but I am curious as to what you think?
@magica (3710)
• Bulgaria
The common belief is that the preacher must be the perfect teacher, almost sinless. But he is just a man. And he lies. Sometimes he does it for more money for his church. Sometimes he just manipulates his fellows because of his own interests. Sometimes he lies uncounsiously just because he dont understand the concrete situation. And yes, this is a sin.
I think those in holy offices and positions of preaching have the ability to mislead since they have the confidence of the people.. Yet I also believe the Holy Spirit never leaves the people of God without a light or counselor to help them discern the truth from a lie.. I don't think people should be afraid to say something is not true if isn't true ..even if the thing is said by a minister, preacher, priest or other!+
@oriental (1051)
• Uruguay
I think I haven't known any personally, but History is full of examples: the Popes of the Borgia family, Cardinal Richelieu in France and so on. Of course there are also the martyrs, the saints and the majority of common good priests.
Well I think that Vatican 11 brought the priesthood to where it should be ..as servants of God's people ..A priest is not a God and yet some people base everything on every word that comes from their mouths..I have seen preachers ministers and priests and even higher commit untruths.. People who listen would never dare question them lest they be ridiculed or looked down upon.. I, myself, have not been blessed with the disciplined tongue nor was I born with a muzzle on my mouth..If someone is lying ...I am going to say so ..and I don't care if the Holy Father himself..and he hasn't so far;)