The great GPA = easy to get job?

@anjrit (997)
Indonesia
I have a question here.Is it great GPA = easy to get job? How about small-medium GPA but active in organization and college extracurricular is it harder to get job than student with great GPA but not active in organization and college extracurricular?
@sandwedge (1341)
in the college i went to , the party frats had this saying, "Score high GPA if you want to keep your scholarship OR planning to continuing to masters or phd OR change college. Score minimum GPA if you want to enjoy yourself in college. When you go to work, MOST employers only WANT to see if you completed college or not, thus your degree, not see how great the GPA score is.
@anjrit (997)
So it's depend on what we want to be and what's our orientation in colleges.It's depend on our choice yeah.sometimes people who was busy in their study they lost their time to enjoying the colleges time and build a good networking. One question for you.If they just see if we completed college or not,what the purpose of employer who give a minimum GPA to aplly for a job?
@sandwedge (1341)
technical jobs like civil engineering or architecture may need you to show GPA i guess.
@omupas (1243)
In terms of GPA equating to getting jobs, I think it depends on the field of work you choose. In my own personal experience, I've found that this world operates more on who you know and networking, more than anything else. Of course if you're an attorney, engineer, doctor, etc. then the educational aspect is very important. In the business world though, I think it really is a function of who you know vs. what you know. Don't get me wrong you still have to be very well versed in your field, but networking has a lot of power when it comes to finding/getting jobs, etc.
@anjrit (997)
I agree to you about networking.It's important and it can be builf better when we was in colleges.in This world often need people who can do everything even we have a speciality skill or knowledge.nice to be your friends guys...