Low Fat Mediterranean Pasta Salad recipe

@VotreAmie (3037)
Here is a low fat Mediterranean pasta salad from my cookbook "Great taste - Low fat - Pasta". I hope somebody who loves pasta will find this recipe and like it! 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut lengthwise in half 8 ounces medium pasta shells 1 pound plum tomatoes (about 4 diced) 1 cup thinly sliced red onion 1/3 cup red wine vinegar 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 12 1/2-ounce can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil 1. Heat a large pot of water to boiling and cook the green beans until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Reserve the boiling water for the pasta and, with a slotted spoon, transfer the green beans to a colander. Rinse under cold water and drain. Cook the pasta shells in the reserved boiling water until just tender. Drain well. 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the green beans, tomatoes, onions, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Add the tuna and basil and toss to combine. Add the pasta shells and toss again. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. May be served chilled or at room temperature. Have a good day!
@gewcew23 (8011)
Thank you for yet another great recipe. Like the other one this would be great for picnics and family bbq's. I will definately bookmark it so I can write it down later. Thanks again and thanks for the low fat recipes.