Keeping the weight off. Any ideas?

I have no problem taking off weight. I've done the soup diet, the salad diet, the bread diet, the low carb diet. They all work to take the weight off. But, when it comes to keeping it off, permanatly, I just can't seem to manage. Do you have any weight management ideas that worked for you? Any meal plans or diet plans that actually helped to keep the weight off for a year or more.
@SarahPT (136)
That's a common problem with "fad" diets. They don't always teach you the healthy eating habits that can stick with you over the course of a lifetime and keep you slim. I'm a nutritionist and when I design nutrition programs to help people lose weight they are not a "diet". It's a non restrictive, healthy eating plan that is not terribly difficult to follow. I make sure it is satisfying and fits in with the person's lifestyle. That way people don't feel like they just need to work through the diet to get the weight off and then go back to eating the way they used to. They learn a healthy way of eating. So give some thought to losing weight gradually by simply eating healthy foods, balancing them right, and satidfying yourself. Let me know if I can help in any way. Sarah Brown www.sarahpersonaltraining.com
@Zorrogirl (1481)
• South Africa
i have a problem getting it off in the first place. i am insulin resistant and have truly been trying the past few years. the old real only thing that works is excercise. but there is where my trouble starts. im partly disabled due to a car accident. now what. that was also what caused my weight gain the past few years. so my advice to you is to exercise. try tae bo. low impact, little time needed and can be done anywhere and anytime. i am doing some of the exercises,and i have lost 2 inches off my waist. thats progress for me.
@lillake (1635)
The problem is that most people once they lose the weight they go back to the lifestyle they had before the diet. You can't lose weight and keep it off by dieting. You have to make a total lifestyle change and stick with it. Check out http://sparkpeople.com for more info.