Does the non-custodial parent have a right to make a 12 year old visit .

United States
August 1, 2006 9:50am CST
The mother of my daughter is tring to use this against me. She has always told my daughter our problems and has always put her against. She even told our daughter that she could use her married name and not to use mine. My daughter does not want to visit because her mom has put her in a bad possition. I need a website or a legal article stating we have to go by the court order regardless of age .
3 responses
• India
2 Aug 06
do u visited any lawyer regarding this concern, if no just do it first then u can get a suitable solution to approach this in a legal way. Or else in india there are some other human right trusts to approach in legal way, i think u ra foreignger, so my advice is to please concult a lawyer they may know more ideas on this concern, they definitely help u in a right way, u do not need to worrie for this. I wish u all the best take a good decision to this concern. Bye
• United States
1 Aug 06
Proceed cautiously because your daughter is of the age now where if you end up back in court she will be able to choose where she lives and who she sees. It could backfire.
@sedel1027 (17855)
• United States
1 Aug 06
Since you have a court document it must be enforced. Start tracking how many times she has denied you visitation and other situation that may be relevant. Write her a letter reminding her that the court granted you visitation and that she must comply. So I can better help you out,what state are you in?