Are you teaching your children any hobbies?

I was not raised by my mother and we talk now a few times a month, but she really does not know me very well, or I her. I was raised by my grandmother and my sister and two brothers were raised by her. She told me that my sister was learning how to sew. And, she used the word, "Finally." I told her that I was not aware that she did not know how to sew. I told my mother that, I learned how to sew, knit, crochet, do needle point, stained glas, little paintings and all types of crafts. My aunt taught me. And, she seemed so surprised. It's strange to me that people don't have hobbies. I think that is such a great loss to a person. Creating something (and completing it) takes the mind down different paths and these skills carry over to other areas.
Yes I am teaching them some hobbies. I am teaching how to sing and how to be efficient on the computers. These hobbies anyway wont just be hobbies in times to come. Thay can also be profitable skills thats why I want to get involved in them while they are still young.
I believe that a lot of the problems that children (and adults) encounter is too much wasted time. (Is that what I'm doing on MYLOT.) You know the saying, "the idle mind is... Thanks for the comment.