Is there anyone out there that is a music producer?

I just wanted to know what is it like to be a music producer and what did it take for you to make it in this tough industry? What advice would anyone that is a music producer give to someone that is aspiring to be one? How do I get beats out there for people to hear and make some serious cash?
@omupas (1243)
I am not a producer but I am a DJ. I don't just push stop and play either, I mix, scratch, etc. I've been in the scene for a long time now and I spin at major venues here in the metro detroit/tri county areas. Please listen to some of my mixes, you can listen to them on www.myspace.com/legacyentertainmentdetroit Let me know what you think of them. Thanks. In terms of marketing your beats, make a myspace music profile and post your beats online. Then add friends of music groups, etc and try to get people to listen to your stuff. I've gotten a couple of dj gigs from people that visited my myspace page.
Thanks a lot for the advice! I like the mixes you have they are nice!
@omupas (1243)
No problem, thanks for the feedback on the mixes.