Mangoes with chemicals to ripe...

Pieces of mango - mango riped using chemicals
@subathra (3519)
It has been found that chemicals are used to ripe mangoes.The Doctors opinion that these mangoes are not suitable for human consumption. Having found lot of mangoes put to ripe in this manner and sale them in market immediately these lorry loads of mangoes condemed and dumped into dust yard.I do not know whom to blame because everyone wants to make quick bucks. At present mangoes are being exported to many countries.After 18 years gap USA has given its nod for Indian mangoes.Let the mangoes growing people be careful in their dealings. Have you felt the smell of chemicals in mangoes?
@balasri (26577)
I know very well which mango is ripened with calcium carbide stones.They are unevenly yellow with patches of green here and there.The best way to avoid these fruits is to wait till the middle of May and let the flood gates open for the arrival of the naturally ripened mangoes. The beginning of the mango season is the worst time you came across with these chemically ripened mangoes.
@subathra (3519)
so you know very well to differentiate..Hope you do a lot of shopping for you home and one who believes in buying quality food products concerning for good health of your family.
@balasri (26577)
I do all the shopping for the family.Of course my wife Uma accompanies me.This has all started when I was 10 years old in Sri Lanka.Being the eldest I used to go to the market,help mom in all the house chores,looking after my baby brothers etc.This habit continues still. I buy the vegetables,fruits,fish and meat.I am very particular about the quality of the food we consume.
@subathra (3519)
quite a lot of experiance you have on shopping.Even i was born in sri lanka..Like you my mom does this kind of shopping and she too says she started this when she was 8 years old.
Yeah it is true. Some people are using chemicals to ripen up mangoes. Here in the Philippines, the process is called "Kalburo" Mangoes that had undergone such process smell and look different so we could really distinguish what is naturally ripe and what is forced. I do not buy mangoes that have been forced to ripe. Naturally ripe mangoes were really best tasting. I wouldnt sacrifice the quality.
@subathra (3519)
I too know that smell of chemicals in some mangoes.But most people dont know this till recently it came to light in newspapers here in my city.you are quality matter the most..
@tombiz (2039)
here in the Philippines, yes we use a chemical-based system to hasten the ripening as well as to achieve a uniform fruit ripening. But the chemical is not sprayed on the mangoes. The chemical is a waste by-product of LPG production, which if put inside an enclosed box could produce heat, this heat will hasten the ripening. With careful consideration, the chemical (kalburo) never touched the mangoes. I don't know with your area what is the chemical used and how it is done.
@coolcat123 (4390)
theses chemically riped mangoes are so un suitable even for me bcoz when i eat these mangoes i get that pimples out of it ...eeee...it looks so ugly on the face especially.so,my mom put those mangoes in the water for sometimes so the chemical effect is gone and thus the mango becomes suitable for our consumption. I love mangoes but at the time of buying it ,how do we know its the artificially riped one or not?
@rb200406 (1825)
It is a news to me.But many fruits are being riped using chemicals.They are not good for humans but whatcan be done.We have to eat na.Also i have not had any smell of chemicals as such.
yes, i too am aware of the fact that chemicals, which are armful for human consumption are being used to hasten the process of ripening of fruits and also to give them attractive colors. it is not only mangoes, but almost all the fruits that are available these days are being treated by chemicals. but i really do not know how to make out the difference between the naturally and artificially ripened fruits.