Harsh words from a friend are better then the kisses of an enemy!

Do you believe the quote, ‘harsh words from a friend are better then the kisses of an enemy’? I do! I think back in my life when friends told me things about me that made me cry. No I am not talking about condemning hurt words to try and hurt me. I am talking about the kind of words that a friend finds it hard to say but cares enough to say it anyway. Like are you aware that you bring on you’re your own problems with people or do you know that you are a gossip and do you know people don’t like to be around you because you are just so negative about yourself all the time. Harsh I know! But really someone who wasn’t a true friend would not even care to say anything to you. I changed for the better when my friends cared enough about me to speak harsh things. I needed to hear it though it hurt. What do you think about that? Do you believe the quote is true?
@Modestah (11195)
well, I have never heard this quote, but I must say that I agree with it. I love my true friends all the more because they care enough about me - and my eternal soul to say it like it is. the quote, although I am unfamiliar with it, does remind me of this bible passage however: An enemy speaketh sweetly with his lips, but in his heart he lieth in wait, to throw thee into a pit.
@Modestah (11195)
thank you, coffee, for recognizing my post with the BR
• South Africa
I agree 100%, I have often had friends tell me things that I did not want to, but that I really needed to hear. It was painful at the time, but I believe that it made me a better person in the long run. I am grateful for my friends feedback, it help to mould me into the person I am today.
@suspenseful (40326)
An enemy really does not care if you fail. He would rather you keep on doing things wrong so he can talk about you behind your back. Mind you, I would never say harsh words to my friends, I would say it in a way that she will want to change, but feel good about changing. I get depressed and if someone told me off, I would sink into a flux. Usually a person is negative because they do not feel that good about themselves and the last thing they want is someone scolding them for that. They would want suggestions on how to get over it or rather keep; their hands busy. Once you are doing something, you do not have time to mope around.