Do I have to pay my husband's child support payments?

August 3, 2006 12:31am CST
I live in Queensland and I am about to marry a man who has a daughter from a previous relationship. Once we marry am I liable for those child support payments also?
1 response
• United States
3 Aug 06
Well they will not garnish your wages to pay his child support, however, if he has arrearages, they will take your tax returns. So if he owes back child support, file seperately.