Do you fear taking that risk?

Janesville, Wisconsin
Do you fear taking that risk, and are you afraid to commit due to future uncertainty? Do you Have a Fear failing? Do you tend to wait until all possible risks are minimized before setting out in a new direction? Approaching with cautions and common sense, are very important, but sometimes risks are mandatory. As quoted by William Arthur list below : To laugh is to risk appearing a fool. To weep is to risk appearing sentimental. To reach out for another is to risk involvement. To expose feelings is to risk revealing your true self. To place you ideas, your dreams, before a crowd is to risk rejection. To love is to risk not being loved in return. To live is to risk dying. To hope is to risk disappointment. To try is to risk failure. But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. Those who risk nothing, do nothing, have nothing, and become nothing. They may avoid present suffering and sorrow, but they will not learn, feel, change, grow, love, or live. Chained by their fear, they are slaves who have forfeited their freedom. Only a person who risks is free. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; And the realist adjusts the sails. Are you allowing your fear to keep your from taking a risk today? Please fellow mylotters join and share with us about risk taking. - DNatureofDTrain ps. Most of the email above was reworded into my own words as the original source is unknown... What happened is I saved all my favorites about 5 years ago but did not save the original headings.
@maehan (1445)
I think I am moderate. Anything pertaining to a huge amount of dollar and cents for investment and high risk. I will think twice or even thrice prior action. I have children to consider, parent and parent-in-law to take care. THus, I need to think carefully before acting on it. As for failure, I do not afraid of fail coz I had failed my exam and what I always tell myself,.... try try again.
• Janesville, Wisconsin
Thanks for sharing yes, and its good to always remind yourself that you will do better next time. Thanks for responding - DNatureofDTrain
I don fear failure.I work hard and achieve anyhting i am supposed by any means.I just cant stand failure.Its very discouraging me to fail.I get shattered if i fail in something.
• Janesville, Wisconsin
I agree.. most of the time I do not fear failure unless the chances are very high.. I feel like I failed to earn enough to save my home, I have not been able to post on mylot as often as I would have liked to do so... Failing is hard,.. but sometimes doing so encourages us to try harder and learn from it so we can succeed better the next time around... I feel shattered lately, so that is one reason I have not been posting as often. Thanks for sharing, Take care, - DNatureofDTrain
@rene12 (797)
I have a huge fear of failing so to compensate with this, I somehow research to increase my knowledge on probabilities and such. I can't gamble risk without increasing my probability with my skills. So for me to able to take risk, I should increase my probability so when I fail, I wouldn't feel too bad about it and it will be made as another knowledge which I can consider as experience