Should women be housewives

@kudeshi (529)
Do you think women should stay at home and be a haousewife ?
Nowadays, most women are independent, they want to have a successful career and manage their own finances. it doesn't mean that if women have careers, they'll neglect the things at home so it's entirely up to an individual, whether they want to be a housewife or continue working, once they're married.
@mkirby624 (1599)
Well, in the end, it's up to the family, but I would never do it because I think it's kind of lazy. If you're going home for your kids, then I'm all for you being a stay at home mom. But, honestly, house maintenance does not take all day. So if you have no kids to care for, what do you do all day? I don't like the term housewife, because it's too broad. Too many people see housewife and stay at home mom as the same thing, and they are SO different. All a housewife has to worry about is cooking and cleaning, which, as a full time career woman, I do without a problem. A SAHM, on the other hand, has children to care for along with household duties...and those household duties get harder because you have to clean up at the children (who are so messy, God love them!), you have MORE clothes to was (because, of course, they'll dirty of several suits of clothes per day), and just watching kids all day takes up 99.9% of your time anyway. You also have different meals to prepare, one for you and your spouse, as well as the meals for your children if they are unable to eat table food yet. It's a juggling act to be a SAHM!! Hat's off to them! They don't get a lot of "alone" time, which I cherish for myself very much, and they have less interaction with adults unless they really schedule and make an effort to have those social activities. I hear so many SAHM longing for adult conversation. They really make a sacrifice for the well-being of their children and should be admired for that. However, as a housewife, you're cleaning up after yourself and another adult..and as adults, you probably aren't very messy. You're "taking care" of your husband, yes, but isn't a husband's role to also take care of his wife? That doesn't just mean financially. My husband and I view each other as equals. Our careers are both very important to us, and my husband would never ask me to stay at home just to keep the house clean and make things for him more convenient. He doesn't view me as a person there to do things for him. I enjoy doing things for him, but it is because I WANT to. If he ever EXPECTED me to cook him dinner everynight and wash his clothes just because I am the wife, I would be less likely to do it.
I do not think women should be forced to stay home nor forced to work. In most situations, I think it is ideal for the woman to stay at home with the children, simply because women tend to be more nurturing and better able to deal with raising the children. Having said that, I am very aware that there are plenty of great dads who would do as good of a job and plenty of moms whose children really are better off with them working, but generally speaking, women tend to be better nuturers. I do stay home with my children and enjoy caring for my family in this capacity. I also homeschool so it is not likely that I will ever return to the "working world", nor do I want to, but that is the choice I am making.
@ibuemma (2954)
it's up to the woman itself. There's nothing wrong to stay home and be a housewife. That's what i am doing right now, but i do wanna go back to works as soon as both of my daughter full time in school. Just don't make it as a law that woman MUST to stay at home...i will say "hell no" to that..;)
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
well to me a woman should do what she wants to do. Here in the uk there is a significant number of women (often of Asian origin) who do want to stay at home in a traditional role, blessed be
@Nykkee (2523)
I am a housewife, and I am very happy with my life. I used to work and I greatly prefere being at home and putting my time and effort into my home and taking care of my husband. I find it far more rewarding than any job I have ever had. What I want to know is why do some people have to look down on me for chooseing to be at home?
@wiccania (3360)
I think that if a woman wants to stay home and be a housewife and stay at home mom, and the family can afford it, she should. I also think that if a man wants to do those things and his wife earns enough to pay the bills, I think he should. Being a house-spouse isn't exclusive to women. There are men all over who do it instead.
@nkhanna (925)
its not necessary for a women to b a housewife.it all depends on her mind.if she can maitain both then thats gud too.however it just depends on a lady.there sud not b any set of rules.i personally think she sud b wrking
Well it depends upon the indiviual..If they want to come and there are situations where you need to work and earn money then i think its better to work until the situation becomes under control.If somebody is happy wo work then do whatever that person feel likes doing.. There are certain situations where you cant work when they are young children at home and when they need attention,so its better to stay at home and look after them until they grow up where they can look after themselves..
@eden32 (3976)
If she wishes to be at home, I think there are many benefits for her, her children & her family. However, if she's miserable being home then she shouldn't be. I think ideally whichever parent has the better job should work after children are born, and the other should cut their hours or become an at home parent.
@Sushicook (691)
• Sweden
Only if they want to. I see no reason why the wife should always stay at home while the husband work.