Why do women wear make-up?

A lot of women wear make-up when they go out, and they really takes a lot of time doing that. Waiting for them to finish seems a thousand years. Why do you have to wear make-up? Are you not confident without it?
@mari_skye (1638)
I don't really regularly wear make up becuase I am too lazy to put it on most of the time. Putting on make up requires much more time too, which I don't usually have as I tend to rush in the mornings. But to answer the question, wearing make up is not about confidence. Some women are confident enough without make up while some, even with make up on are still lacking in confidence. I dare say that women wear make up in order to enhance their beauty. Women are beautiful enough as they are but with make up on, they become more beautiful. And men, don't flatter yourselves, women do not put on make up for you, women put on make up for themselves. To remind themselves that they are beautiful creatures of God.
@Feona1962 (7527)
I wear make-up because my face seems pale sometimes. I just like to put very little on to highlight my features. Most of the time I do not wear it..