Can you run in high heels?

I'm just curious. Can you run in high heels? Because I find it hard enough just walking in them. I actually changed into sneakers in my senior prom because i can't dance properly lol! :) But I've seen some people run in them. I can jog a bit if I need to hurry. That's in 3-inch heels. It's the highest I can go. But if it's one inch heels, I can run. I did, once. And in platforms. How about you? Have you ever broken a heel?
Heck, I can barely walk in regular shoes, so I know that I couldn't run in high heels, especially being a guy and all and not used to them. I was watching "America's Next Top Model." One of the things the ladies had to do was walk in high heels and pose. The catch was that it was on cobblestone or some other uneven payment. It was kind funny, but also scary as many almost twisted their ankles.
You should try it. Ha ha. No I'm just kidding. But it would be fun to see guys wear, just so you know how it feels... Lol! Anyway, I didn't see that episode of Next Top Model (don't really watch it), but I know the feeling of that. I once walked through something like cobblestone in a mall (there was a part of the floor near the fountain) and almost fell. Ha ha! But I saw one episode of Top Model where they were made to wear heels almost a foot tall. It looked like torture. Someone actually sprained an ankle.
@surveygrrl (1271)
I have never broken a heel before and I can run in them. Not running for a marathon but if I need to run fromt he car into a store or something I can do it. I love wearing heels but don't do it very often.