Diaphragmatic Hernia

United States
August 7, 2006 1:13am CST
When I either try to sit up or stand and pull up my underwear, I have a bulge that pops up from just above my stomach button and goes up to just below my bottom ribs, about 5 inches long, and it sticks out about one and a half inches. (I can cup my hand and cover the amout that protrudes.) It is not painful but looks very odd. Please tell me what I can do besides talk to my GP and then go to a specialist, if necessary, for a surgical repair. I had a friend who had something similar repaired by laproscope and wire mesh. How long does it take to recover?
No responses