How to attract more friends give reponses to my discussions

I am a new comer,although started nearly 10 discussions,but not many give responses to me,some discussions even no responses. Experinced friends,can you tell me what are your ways? Thank you
Well the secret I think was the discussion itself. It has be simple (as we know not all people here are living in English speaking countries), Interesting and catchy. Another secret is the discussion starter's attitude. If the host is rude to people who comment to his discussion, people wouldn't enjoy answering to his post. Even if we have to be true to our opinions here, there is always a friendly way of writing them. The nicer you are, the more friends would care for you in here.
Thank you,what you said are reasonable,i will do it in my action.
Hi there! I am pretty new too!! So... I don't really know yet. But I think if you start topics that people can have different opinions about, so they can express how they feel, then more people might want to reply to say something about it. Have fun. :o)
Thank you,i will try my best to,wish you good luck
Hi,Jessezzt.I'm happy to meet you here.You know I'm a new comer too.But I still wanna tell you something about your question. I found that there are some topics a lot of people are interested in,some of another ones aren't as popular as these.For me,one of the topics I've started has 24 responses, another one have no response.Why?I think it is because the one which has more responses is more popular than the second one.So I suggest that you check your "interests list" first,find out which interests are the ones a lot of people are interested in.Then find out which one you are interested in too.You could come up with a discussion related to this one. I don't know if it's useful for you,and I'm not sure whether it will work or not,but I will have a try.
Thank you,i will do it as you tell and have a try,if it is,tell you then,wish you have more responses.