I was poisoned by a spider!

United States
July 28, 2007 2:51pm CST
When I was a kid, me and my brothers were playing in a little outdoor shed. Basically, it was like a small outdoor play-house where we kept our toys. As we were playing I noticed a tiny spider drop down from the ceiling and I swatted it away and didn't think about it again. I guess it must have broke away from its web, cause it attached to my clothing and bit me on the arm. I didn't know it had bit me until I felt a crushing pain in my arm. My arm became immobilized up next to my body for half an hour. Other than labor, it's the worst pain I've ever felt. Funny thing is, the spider was tiny, almost microscopic. Weird how some of the smallest things carry the greatest venom. So, have you ever been bit or poisoned by a small spider? Did you see it when it happened, or just feel the pain?
2 responses
@maddysmommy (16233)
• United States
29 Jul 07
Oh my gosh I would of freaked if that happened to me. I am scared of spiders, big or small. I have never been bit by one, but when I was at my grandmothers unveiling in Rarotonga, one of the outer islands called Atiu (where my dad comes from), we were sleeping on matresses on the floor and I felt something bite me in the middle of the night. I didn't think anything of it until i woke up and felt dizzy, sick, had a swollen face from where the bite was. I think it may have been a baby centipede, but not sure. Scary when things like this happen. Your story sounds so much worse than mine.
1 person likes this
@navtech (1776)
• India
29 Jul 07
Dear bautyqueen26, Till date I do not know spider is so poisonous. I know spider is a poisnous creature but not to the extent you explained. I never bitten by spinder and also I do not want to get bitten by spider.