Does religion matters w/ relationship?

@claire03 (1444)
Before i got married, i really told myself i like to marry somebody who has the same religion like i have so there wouldn't be no problems and conflict. I am not against other religion but i just want both of us to have the same religion so we'll have the same religious beliefs. I am really lucky that my husband is also a Catholic, cause i like that the family will create a bond and always together going to church. I don't really know how it will go if he has a different religion, this will be an issue - the wedding ceremony where it will be, where would we attend mass, and other related issues. I am just really glad we don't have to deal with this kind of problems. Do you think religion matters with the relationship? tell me your opinion about this. Have you experience a situation regarding different religion of your love ones?
@gradyslady (4055)
No, I don't think it does. My ex was Catholic, not anymore, but he was Catholic and I'm Agnostic, we lasted for 7 years, and it has nothing to do with why we separated. My current boyfriend now and I are different religions too, and there's no problems there.
@edigital (2710)
Yes, in relationship religion should be considered importantly. Relationship outside same religion often bring problem after marriage because children would adopt whose relation? Mom's or Dad's is a problem. In our Muslim majority country we 100% follow relationship within same relations. If any muslim want to marriage other religious girl then she adopt muslim religion. A muslim do not adopt other religion here.
@Nardz13 (5059)
• New Zealand
Hi there. Now days I dont think it really matters to some people, although there are those out there that are still quiet stricked on it and tend to go with the arranged marriages... I personally am not into it and nor is my husband... I think when two people love each other, religion shouldnt matter...
@ssh123 (31100)
In India, in Hindu religion, religious matters are equally important when a marriage takes place. It is very rare to see a christian marrying hindu, it is much more rare to see a Islamic person marrying a Hindu. It is better to leave the matter for the people to decide whom to marry. All said and done, it is the religious background that counts for when a marriage takes place.
@whywiki (6070)
I think it probably does matter. I am an Atheist and so is my hubby. I think I would look at him strange if he believed in something that I don't.