Call on Iceland's Government to give up whaling

Call on Iceland's Government to give up whaling - More than 100,000 Greenpeace supporters have now promised to consider a visit to Iceland to go whale-watching if the government stops whaling altogether. The value of those pledges in tourism dollars is in excess of $US 115 million. The government was forced to admit last month that the commercial whale hunt, on the other hand, is a total failure. As you can imagine, the tourist industry in Iceland is on our side on this one, and many Icelanders are questioning the value of continuing the whale hunt.
@stvasile (7317)
Romania
Iceland is on the brink of ending whaling forever. The scientific hunt which began 5 years ago came to a close last Saturday, and the commercial hunt has just been suspended for lack of sales. This is in part due to the pressure all of us have been applying through the Icelandic whales pledge. More than 100,000 Greenpeace supporters have now promised to consider a visit to Iceland to go whale-watching if the government stops whaling altogether. The value of those pledges in tourism dollars is in excess of $US 115 million. The government was forced to admit last month that the commercial whale hunt, on the other hand, is a total failure. As you can imagine, the tourist industry in Iceland is on our side on this one, and many Icelanders are questioning the value of continuing the whale hunt. In announcing that he will not set whaling quotas for next year, the Icelandic Minister of Fisheries stopped short of announcing an end to whaling forever. He said whaling could commence again if a market could be found, or if Japan were to begin buying the meat. Will you join our call to the Minister, to hang up the harpoons for good?Send a message to Iceland's Minister of Industry, and let him know that whales are worth more alive than dead http://oceans.greenpeace.org/en/stop-icelandic-whaling-2?utm_source=gpi-cyberactivist-list&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept06
@anirc750310 (3424)
did you copy all this stuff or try to make a good topic.Lol I'll try to access this site to vote i guess. have a good day !
I sent the message to save the whale! bye
@stvasile (7317)
The content is indeed copied from Greenpeace. But trust me, environmental campaigns are not a good topic on myLot. I have started more than 15 campaigns along the time and I NEVER got more than 3 responses. Usually I get just one response at this kind of topic. At this time I have at least 5 discussions of this type that have no responses. I'm trying to get more people sign these petitions, because I have signed a few that really were a success. Thanks for helping the whales!
send me I would sign it! I am not an echologist but i like animals and keeping the world healthy and pure.