How do you get rid of fleas on dogs?

@Nivek13 (124)
My siberian Husky sometimes have fleas and i'am so piss of them... how do you get rid of them? do you use good products on them to get rid of the fleas?
@alamode (3073)
We try to be careful of some of the stronger flea-killing products on the market. I don't know where you live, but Dawn dishwashing liquid does a very good job of killing fleas if you can get it. Mix a squirt of it in the bath water and make sure every part of your dog is wetted down and lathered, even between the toes. Just don't get it into the eyes, ears or mouth. We have three dogs who are bathed and groomed often, but if the dog goes outside for even a few minutes, he will pick them up, and fleas can even come in on our clothing and shoes! Vacuuming carpets and soft furniture frequently will help a lot, and I have heard that sprinkling salt on rugs will also help kill them. Good luck!
@Nivek13 (124)
tnx for responding..c: hmm i would try that sprinkling salt on rugs hehe..
@gapeach65 (805)
My husband is in pest control and he tells his clients that have flea problems that besides what you do to treat them on the pet, buy a cheap flea collar and put it in your vacuum cleaner bag. When you vacuum, it will pick up the fleas and eggs and kill them. You'll have to get rid of any in the house if you want to keep them off of your pet or the problem will keep happening. I hope this works if you decide to try it.