RIP JOE ZAWINUL, one of the greatest musicians of all times!!!

@missak (3311)
Spain
I just hear the news and it really made me feel bad... "Joe (Josef Erich) Zawinul, a jazz keyboardist and composer, one of the first jazz fusion musicians along with Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, John McLaughlin and Miles Davis, died from cancer on September 11th, 2007 in Vienna, his native town. He was hospitalized on August 7, merely a week after concluding a six-week tour in Hungary. Zawinul was 75 years old." His official web, http://www.zawinulmusic.com/ , says "Joe Zawinul was born in Earth time on 07 July 1932 and was born in Eternity time on 11 September, 2007. He, and his music, will continue to inspire!" It is a great lost for humanity and nowadays arts, and I hope he is having a nice travel to the other world or whatever, and I wish his music is never lost and we the new generation know how to respect it and follow his ways to new creations...
@Cannonball (3636)
• France
I didn't know about it and I'm so sad for it. I had the chance to see him again for the Nice jazz festival for summer 2007 and the concert was great so energetic and I didn't know why he wasn't here for this year,so sad
@missak (3311)
• Spain
Yeah... I felt more or less the same... its been a few months and I am still sad... is your nikname related to Julian "Cannonball" Adderley? I have heard Zawinul learned a lot about jazz with him in early times, that is why he has dedicated a song called Cannonball... it is always nice to find people who cares about great music...
As long as there are people that love jazz, he will live on. I bet he is at this great jam session in the sky.
Thanks for the best response.
@meme0907 (3481)
Hey m I like jazz music & I may have heard some of his but I don't recognize his name ( i regognize Herbie Hancock and Miles Davis) even so if he was ranked up w/ those fellows I'm sure his music was an inspiration to many.I'll peep out his site. +'s
@Lakota12 (42684)
tha t would be a great ribute to him to have some one come up with his style and concept of the music to carry it on!