Travel across canada

@angemac23 (2005)
I am planning a trip across Canada for next summer, traveling from Newfoundland to British Columbia and back. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so, did you go by VIA Rail train or some other way. Just wondering if anyone has any output what the best way to see the Country is. I was thinking maybe by RV, but with the cost of gas....maybe not.
@maximax8 (28558)
I haven't yet traveled across Canada but would really like to. If I was going to do this I would buy a train pass with VIA Rail. Then I would look at timetables to plan a route. I would stay in youth hostels or not too expensive guest houses. I think there is a train from Halifax to Toronto. Then a train from Toronto to Vancouver. You could make stop offs in other cities like Montreal, Ottawa and Edmonton. If you got off the train in Calgary you could take a bus up to Banff and Lake Louise. If you do this journey I hope that you will really enjoy it.