The Things Kids Say!

@anniepa (26093)
Last winter they opened our school's pool to the public one evening and before the lifeguard would let anyone get in he went over the rules. You know, the usual - no running, no diving in the shallow end, no foul language which he joked meant, "If I hear you talk about birds you're out!" Then, he asked the group of mostly younger kids to repeat the rules back to him so he knew they'd paid attention and different kids raised their hand and gave an answer. My grandson, then 11 I think, raised his hand and said "No talking about birds." What are your experiences with funny or embarrassing things kids can come out with? Annie
My daughter an dI were in my car. as well as a friend of mine at the time. We were along the road coming up my home block. I looked down to get a tape that fell under my foot. I somehow hit the gas and turned the steering wheel. I ran straight up under this beautiful red truck. I totaled my car instantly. I was so afraid of my husband finding out I repeated to my daughter don't say anything to daddy ok. Please don't say anything to daddy. As we get to my front steps. People are wondering why we are walking. I was shame and terrified. Karisma saw my mother and started singing a song. Mommie car go boom,car go boom.over and over again. I laughed so hard as I should have said don't tell anyone.
@anniepa (26093)
That's so funny! Not that you had an accident but that your daughter did that. Telling kids not to say anything is a guarantee that they're going to do just that! Annie
@Lifez2short (4969)
LOL That is funny. I have 5 kids and they say the funnest things all the time. Just today my 2 year old son told his father and I he was scared of Wal-Mart. I think it is because of the Halloween costumes but I thought it was cute and funny.