The 80's

Who's an 80's baby? What fads/fashions, hairdos, music groups/songs etc. do you remember the most from the 80's? Any fond memories from the 80's? Or even memories you're not so fond of? I remember playing pac man a lot, lol. I still like to play that from time to time for old times sake. And the tv shows! Silver Spoons, Family Ties, Growing Pains, etc. I watched them all. And that big hair! and the Glam rock bands! That's what I remember most.
@academic2 (7010)
• Uganda
I have many fond memories of the 80s, first in the Music world, we saw Michael Jackson Rock the world, and we almost adored him, i only lost my admiration for him lately when he got involved in child molestation cases, it took my admiration completely away from him. It was also in the 80s that I met my first love, though I didnt marry her, she still drums my heart at the very mention of her name-may her soul rest in peace. Locally, we were addicted to the TV soap, Different Strokes, I still recall the little man whose comic antics on TV kept as glued to the screen every time Different Strokes is on screen. Some of the greatest African Musicians of the 80s were the late Franco and the sweet singing Mbelia Bella-going back in time to play their Music makes me young and blue, their songs literally tiger sweet memories that send me to a peaceful sleep!
@lyndaj70 (293)
I recall staying up until Midnight to watch the new sensation - music videos on Night Trax! That night I saw wonderful images, including my first cross-dresser (boy george). I was into the big hair, the wild makeup, and my favorite shows were Dukes of Hazzard, Dallas, Simon and Simon, Magnum P.I. and the A-Team. Especially the A-Team. Does anyone remember the fashion trend about the girls wearing their dad's shirts? I would take one of his button-down shirts, a pair of daisy dukes, and a long faux-pearl necklace as a belt. Boy those were the days!
Oh yeah! I remember the trend of girls wearing guys shirts! I remember those tv shows too. Dukes of Hazzards was and still is one of my favorites.......Ahhhh memories, memories, memories......
@joimarquez (1840)
peace sign - peace sign. 80's.
i like new wave bands in the 80's like depeche mode, 10,000 mani*acs, new order...etc...
@visijay32 (447)
what I remember most during the 80's are the TV series. There was The Knight Rider, Punky Brewster, Remington Steele starred by Pierce Brosnan. Who would forget the A-Team with the iconic Mr. T. Anyone for a game of Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, or Galaga even to name a few. Do you know the intro to He-Man and The Masters of the Universe? Do you still have their action figures? (We still do!!). How about the Real American Heroes: GI Joe and their nemesis Cobra! Transformer toys came into boom during the 80's. What ever happened to the Industry, or Jane Wieldlin? It was in the 80's that the world fell in love with ET The Extra Terrestial. The 80's what a great era!!
@momalisa65 (1744)
"Any fond memories from the 80's?" Lol! ALL of my memories are from the 80's! I graduated in '83. Everything was fun then. The music was great (Def Leppard, Journey, Bryan Adams, Huey Lewis, etc). The movies were great (Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's day off, Weird Science, The Goonies, Night of the Comet,...those are a few of my favorites off the top of my head.) I laughed constantly...of course I didn't have kids and bills yet then. Lol!