Do you think it's good for the kids to attend so many training classes? Why?

@fanji008 (782)
China
Hi,there! Nowadays,since the competition is so strong in our society,many parents tend to send the kids to various training classes. They need to take piano,swimming,maths,English classes and so on. Some people think that's too much for the kids.So what do you think? Would you prefer this way or are you doing this too? Are there any different ways? Hope to hear your opinions:)
@peanutjar (5211)
Hi fanji:) I think its too much to send them/do alot of training classes.I send my daughter to ballet jazz class every monday night,but its her who wanted it,loves it and decides herself.I do not force her,if she came right now and said she doesnt want to do it anymore then,well,thats all she doesnt have to.I dont force anything on her,she just has to come and ask me if she wants to join something or be in something.I do know a girl who goes to her class(dance)and its her mom who put her there and plus now she enrolled her in kung-fu class also!!!When shes done kung-fu class she runs upstairs with her mom in tow and hurrys to go to ballet jazz class(always late)this kid is burnt out!!Her moms a teacher and decides what she does ALL the time,no wonder why she doesnt have no friends(daughter and mom)Shes 5 years old almost,pretty sad:( Peanutjar:)
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello dear fanji. I don't think that it is a good idea for kids to learn so many training classes as it is quite enough to learn well the subjects they learn at school. It would be a great burden to the kids if they are asked to go to so many training classes. I think that it is a good idea to have the child choose what they want to learn rather than the parents have them go to those training classes. Thanks very much.
@blueunicorn (2409)
I don't think all the classes are good for the kids. There just doesn't seem to be any time for the kids to be kids- to run and play, to use their imaginations, to just sit around and have quiet time for themselves. Everyone needs "down time", and we are just not providing that to our kids when they are busy all the time. They also need family time, which is being used up by these classes, too. My daughters were told they can each pick ONE after school activity per semester. My oldest has chosen an art class that meets after school for an hour once per week. Even that is starting to get to her, as by the time she gets home from school it is 5 pm. She still has homework to do, and bedtime is at 7:30.