Toy recalls- is this only a problem in the US?

I was just curious, I have not heard anything about problems with toys made in China that were sold in countries other than the US. Is that because the US has more stringent regulations, or because other countries have been better at quality control- testing the products before they are sold? I know it is more likely to happen in the US because such a majority of toys are imported. But there have been problems with pet food, and now toys. Why is this only a problem in the US? Or is it going on in other countries and I just haven't heard about it?
Its a few places like uk Im in canada and we have lots of recalls here about alot of toys made in china with lead in them maybe some other countries that care about health would have the recalls too
@Lindalinda (4112)
No, the US is not the only country to have toy recalls. I live in Canada and we had massive toy recalls this year. Branded toys such as Fisher price and Mattel are made in China and are sold around the developed world even in small places. I visited Malta this year and wanted to bring back a toy for my grand daughter. All I could find was toys that are made in China and are the same that I could buy at home. Same situation in Germany. But they were all aware of toy recalls. The world is now such a small place.