what does that number inside a star mean?

ive observed from some users that responded on my discussions have those little starts with a number on it. what does that mean?
@theprogamer (10539)
Its your user rating. Other members will either hit + or - + means the rating goes up (harder on marathon posters) - means the rating goes down (seems uniform and quite harsh) Its supposed to mean what the quality of your posting is. But go take a GOOD look at my responses to threads and my best responses. You'll soon see its an abused, garbage system. Basically the more "opinion" you have the more you may "offend" some clown and the more said clown will hit - because they are complete wretches or they just plain Fail at debate.
thanks
thanks thanks :)
@diillu (5128)
Usually the number on the star represents it's postion among the differet other stars here in mylot. For example, red star has the number ten on it, it means it has the highest position and after that red star has the number nine in it. It means that it is the second highest star in the mylot. According to the number the positon of the star is determined.
thanks :)