am i charging too little?

@vera5d (4006)
I am a real estate marketing assistant helping agents market their properties...but i am wondering if i am doing this too cheap...i might spend 2-3 hours on a flyer...and only get paid $15 for it...sometimes though i get paid $20 for only a half hour of work...does it seem i am being fair, undercharging, or overcharging? most importantly, the work has been steady & i've been able to make enough extra $$$ to supplement our budget...
@omupas (1243)
I'm not familiar with the pricing practices of your business, but I have a suggestion. Maybe call around to local competitors that do the type of work you do and get price quotes. Shop as though you are a prospective client and have them give you quotes on the type of jobs you do. There is nothing wrong with doing competitive "shops" on your competition. That way you know how much leeway you have with your pricing.
@vera5d (4006)
that is one problem...there is no competition!!! An hourly assistant might earn $10-$15/hr...but graphic design/marketing work usually charge a lot more than that...but since i'm not "pro" that doesn't seem right yet...but thank you for the fast answer...i will keep looking for people who do what i do
@lucgeta (925)
• France
You're charging almost the minimum hourly fee for the job, it's too little. I think - cogh - that you should talk to your clients. If I understand your question right, you put a price like $15 or $20 without knowing how much work you will have - it could 30 minutes or 3 hours. In the end, things should compensate each other, some will say 'My son would do that' or 'She is so sweet, imagine that she charged us only that!'. You do have a salary research you could use, and good returning customers could get discounts. The main point is keep them. Whatever you do, don't go at little steps. A big increase is much better than several small ones ... 'oh no, there she goes again, we got find someone else'. Hope not lol Best of luck.
@vera5d (4006)
Thank you for your response!! I recently told one of my clients that I am giving him a highly discounted rate since I have worked for him some time now...and that for other ppl i charge a lot more...he seemed understanding... I am thinking of doing this for other people besides real estate agents (the beef of my client list - they are past co-workers) and for that it will be much easier to charge more i think. I definately appreciate the response! I almost forgot I asked this question!!
it depends on everyone , some people make money never enough for them , asking more and more to fit their stomach , i am making not much now but i enjoy doing it , i gain much more experiences which is useful to me and my career in the future ,or like Mr hiroshaki in the famous book rich dad and poor dad said what a standard employee target at their job that they can increase their salary .