Step Children

Jamaica
Should you treat your step children the best way possible or Should you just offer them hand me downs?
@slimfox (900)
treat them as your own.
@chalmette69 (3010)
I would hope you would treat them with love and kindness, just like you would your own child. Children can't help what there parents do, so if you treated this children with anything other than love than you should not be with them.
@19670104 (84)
• South Africa
When you "inherit" step children, you receiving a gift from God, a resposibility to treat them with love an be their friend they can trust, not to judge them but to give them a chance to love you back on their own way. It will depend You will have to give a lot of love first before you can receive be a child yourself to be able to understand the needs of a child treat them like your own...
@ssh123 (31100)
Children are gifts of god. If you ill treat, you are ill treating god. What you sow, you will reap. Those ill treat the children (step), are unfit to be parents. They should join jail as staff.
@Victoria7 (1242)
• Spain
We have a responsibility to children in general. If you see a child, be it yours, a relative or an unknown child, requiring your help, you should do all you can for the child. A stepchild should be equal in your estimation to a child born to you. I donĀ“t see how that can be disputed.
There should not be any differnce between step children and your any children.You should treat both of them alike.
@sedel1027 (17854)
You should treat your step children as you would treat your own child. If you married their mother or father, they are your child and should be treated as such. They deserve the same love, caring and respect that your own child would.
@rizwan09 (743)
we should treat step children as our own children.u become their step mother/father by marrying their own mom/dad,then u shud love them as u love ur partner. we should care them like our own children and make them feel happy and to come over thr grief..
I hope this doesn't refer to you. That is just awful to even ask. For them to be your step children your have to have married there parent. How would it be if the question was asked by them of your kids. Your step kids are treated as yours. I only see it different if there all grown, And as for the hand me downs it is a great way for friends and family to save money and help each other out. My hand me downs go all the way to NY amd to a very nice Neighbor whos works two jobs and is still on hard times. I hope this helps.
You should treat your step children as you would treat your own children. There should be no favorites.