What little things are you doing to save money this winter?

We've heard about various ways to insulate, but suppose you don't have lots of money to buy all that fancy stuff! What sorts of things have you tried that work? Share your best tips please!
@twoey68 (13651)
Actually not too much. We watch our heating so we don't end up with a huge bill but then our apartment is really well insulated and it hasn't been too bad of a winter here so far. Our grocery bill has been less b/c Hubby is eating alot of Chili that he loves to make and I've been sick and living on Chicken Noodle Soup. The only extra cost so far that we've had is my Dr. visit and scripts...Boy, do I hate having to pay that. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
I had to put some towels in my windows. it's way to drafty around here. I cut down my cable bill by switching company's. I buy what need other than what I want. I have bought meat plans from the butcher rather than high priced super markets.
Similar to your putting towels in the windows, I found a rather large hole in my kitchen wall, down near the floor (allowing a large wire to come through from the panel to power my stove); its allowing a vast amount of cold air to come in from under my home. Once I figured out that it might be a problem (duh! of course it was!), I checked the wire (to make sure the casing was intact) and then I stuffed a plastic bag temporarily (until I can find a piece of insulation). The draft is gone!
That sounds like a plan. I have so much more drafty spots. I had to put undies in some that could not be seen.
@oscar6 (1939)
well its not winter here anymore but I do several things to save money that I thought id share. First off I shop at the local dollar store. I buy toilet paper, toothpaste, and kitchen utensils there. I buy my food at discount stores as much as I can such as aldis and save a lot. I also only make one trip a week to the grocery store to save on gas and so I dont spend as much on food each month.
Great tips! I recently moved and I've not yet found a new dollar store! At my old home, I had Dollar Tree AND Family Dollar, as well a a Five Below (great for last minute holiday gifts!) as well as two MORE Dollar Trees within a ten minute drive! I use many of the cleaning products and sometimes I'll buy food! I went thru a roll of paper towels WAY too fast and when my daughter refused to get fitted for a new bra, we went to dollar tree to get new ones. I've really got to find somewhere closer!