Abraham Lincoln Law School

@bcote212 (1113)
United States
February 15, 2008 11:02am CST
I am thinking about enrolling in Abraham Lincoln Law School. My question is if i pass the Bar exam in California is it transferrable to another state? How does that work?
1 response
@Lindalinda (4112)
• Canada
15 Feb 08
I think the best information would be supplied to you by the Law school itself. I live in Canada and we have provinces (similar to states in the USA) Bar exams are not transferable from one province to another. If a lawyer moves and wants to practice in another province he has to pass the bar exam there. The reason for this is that there are Federal Laws (universal for the whole country) and Provincial Laws that are not the same in every province. Similarly, if a lawyer comes from Australia, the USA, the UK or other country he or she has to do courses and a new bar exam. Makes sense.