Illegal Status

How long can a person from another country visit the USA without being labeled as an illegal alien?
@sedel1027 (17854)
Depends on what country you are from. You have to report how long you are planning to stay before you can even come into the country. I think the average amount of time is 2 weeks before you have to get a Visa to be allowed in the country.
wow this is very interesting
From what I understand, one can be in the USA for up to six months, and then they have to go home to their own country for atleast a month, maybe longer. I am currently a Canadian married to an American, waiting for my papers to arrive, so every few months I need to fly home for a month or so.
this is very interesting, because i was not aware of that. i thought if u married an american, you will becaome a citizen after a certain amount of time.
@ElicBxn (60895)
It depends on how long their visa is for. Some are here working on long term visas.