How Do You handle Bad weather?

@catjane (1036)
Has anyone had to go through a really bad storm like a tornado or a hurricane, ice storm or flood? I live in Pensacola, Florida and in 2004 we had hurricane Ivan. It was really bad. We lost 5 trees and some shingles on our roof. Our fence was knocked over and basketball pole knocked down. the house wasn't too damaged, just some cracks in the walls and ceiling. It was a wicked storm and my first. It freaked me out! What have been your wild experiences with storms?
I was living in Miami in 2004, I happen to have had the best time of my life during the hurricanes. First it was the first I have ever been in or around one. So My daughter and I were just to excited to stay inside the school. We went outside walking around and looking at stuff. I was like oh my goodness. The rain looked like it was snowing. The neighbors all came together to cook and share food. I was so glad I had my cooler packed as well. I would have starved. I hate eating from others that's why. At night time it was so awesome. We would light candles and just talk or play hide and seek. When we went to sleep that was where the problem came. No a/c. But other than that we were having so much fun. The damage was the most exciting part. Not that it was funny. But goodness my grandmother shed was no where to be found. We lost parts of the building flying in the air. Cars were sitting on their sides. Oh just awesome to see.
@catjane (1036)
Gee I've never heard anyone enjoy a hurricane as much as you seemed to! My first hurricane scared the crap out of me lol. I wish I could have enjoyed it like you did, but with darkness and 110 mile and hour winds blowing trees down all around the house, it was just scary and all I could hear was "thump. thump, thump" The next morning it was a mess. Hundreds of trees down and other debris, wires down everyhwere. We were out of power for 3 weeks. We survived okay, but like you say with no air it was sticky and uncomfortable. Thanks for sharing.
@slavezero (835)
Well, the last storm that really affects us I think was 2006. Almost 1 month that there is no electrical supply here. And the problem is, my business is an internet cafe. Food for everyday is the main problem. Good that we have saved enough.